Awareness Programme on Covid 19 Prevention & Control, Sahaspura Housing Scheme
The awareness programme on ‘COVID 19 Prevention and Control’ was held on 2nd and 3rd July from 10.00 am to 2.30 pm at the Reception Hall of the Sahaspura Housing Scheme for its residents. Adhering to the instructions of the health authorities, one member from each of the 676 housing units participated in groups during 2 consecutive days in 4 sessions.
After an informative presentation on prevention and control measures, demonstrations on proper hand washing techniques and the use of masks, a pack of face masks were distributed to each participant with an illustrated leaflet regarding reusable masks. During this joint venture, disinfecting machine, surface sanitizers, hand sanitizer bottles and holders were handed over to the Sahasa Management Cooperation.
The inaugural session of the awareness programme, Sahaspura – Phase I, was graced by the participation of:
· Maj. Gen. (retired) Udaya Nanayakkar, Director General USDA;
· Ms. Emma Brigham, Deputy Country Representative (OIC-Representative), UNICEF Sri Lanka;
· Ms. Safina Abdulloeva, Child Survival & Development Manager, UNICEF Sri Lanka;
· Ms. Nilusha Patabandhi, WASH Programme Specialist, UNICEF Sri Lanka;
· Dr. Wijaymuni, Head of Public Health Department, Colombo Municipal Council;
· Dr. Dilshan, Colombo Municipal Council;
· Mr. Morathanne, Officer in Charge of the Sahaspura Police Post; and
· The Staff Members of the Mobilization Division of USDA[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space height=”22px”][vc_masonry_media_grid gap=”10″ initial_loading_animation=”fadeIn” grid_id=”vc_gid:1594105841791-e674b31e-fdcc-10″ include=”16888,16889,16890″][vc_masonry_media_grid gap=”10″ initial_loading_animation=”fadeIn” grid_id=”vc_gid:1594105841792-f49d7135-c52a-4″ include=”16892,16893,16891″][vc_masonry_media_grid gap=”10″ initial_loading_animation=”fadeIn” grid_id=”vc_gid:1594105841792-7f7daa07-b7af-7″ include=”16894,16895,16896″][/vc_column][/vc_row]